China, US hold trade talks, agree to ‘push forward’ phase one deal

first_imgVice Premier Liu He spoke with US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on the phone, and both sides “agreed to create conditions and atmosphere to continue to push forward the implementation of the phase-one of the China-US economic and trade agreement”, the ministry said.Beijing also said the two countries had a “constructive dialogue on strengthening the coordination of the macroeconomic policies of the two countries”.The phase one deal called for officials to hold a “check-in” every six months, although trade talks that were expected earlier this month appeared to have been postponed.Confirmation of the call came as TikTok, owned by Chinese parent company Bytedance, filed a lawsuit challenging the US government’s crackdown on the popular video app, which Washington accuses of being a national security threat.US President Donald Trump in recent weeks has stepped up rhetoric against China ahead of what is expected to be a tough re-election fight, raising questions about the deal’s fate as well as the possibility of a phase two agreement.Topics : Top Chinese and United States negotiators spoke on the phone Tuesday about their phase one economic deal, Beijing’s commerce ministry said, amid soaring tensions between the two sides on several fronts.The US and China signed the accord in January, bringing a partial truce in their lingering trade war, and obliging Beijing to import an additional US$200 billion in American products over two years, ranging from cars to machinery and oil to farm products.But the COVID-19 pandemic has put pressure on the agreement and China’s purchases of those goods has been lagging.last_img read more

Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin hails Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for breaking Thierry Henry’s goal record

first_imgAubameyang netted a brace against Norwich City (Picture: Getty Images)Hector Bellerin says the Arsenal squad are ‘very happy’ to have Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in their ranks after he broke Thierry Henry’s goal record in the 4-0 win over Norwich City on Wednesday night.The Gabon international scored his 50th and 51stPremier League goals in his 79th appearance, becoming the quickest player in the club’s history to hit the half century landmark.Gunners legend Henry had previously held the record for reaching 50 league goals in 83 games, and Bellerin was full of praise for his captain’s impressive achievement.‘I think the stats speak for themselves,’ Bellerin said.ADVERTISEMENT‘It is very hard nowadays to get a striker that can score that many goals in that many games. We are very happy to have him.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘He has proved that he is also working really hard, because some of the goals he scores comes from the hard work the whole team is doing on the pitch, from pressing really high.’ Advertisement Comment Metro Sport ReporterThursday 2 Jul 2020 3:22 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link309Shares Advertisement Aubameyang beat Arsenal legend Henry’s record (Picture: Getty Images)Aubameyang’s goals helped fire his side to their third consecutive win in all competitions, taking them up to seventh place in the table.After a dreadful beginning to the restart, losing against Manchester City and Brighton, the Gunners are now eight points behind fourth-placed team Chelsea, and Bellerin believes there is still a chance they can qualify for the Champions League.‘For us that has been the goal since the beginning of the season,’ he added.‘And obviously coming back from lockdown that has always been our goal.‘It wasn’t the best of starts to our Premier League return, but we have been working really hard through the whole of quarantine – not just physically but tactically as well.‘I think we just needed those games to get all those new concepts onto the pitch. I think slowly we are getting there and we are improving.’MORE: Martin Keown reacts to Bukayo Saka deal and tells Arsenal to prioritise transfer move for top midfielderMORE: Wright sends message to Aubameyang after he breaks Henry’s Arsenal goal recordFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin hails Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for breaking Thierry Henry’s goal recordlast_img read more

Fitch Upgrades DP World’s Rating

first_imgDubai-based port and terminal operator DP World has seen its Long-Term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) upgraded to BBB+ from BBB and Short-Term IDR affirmed at F2 by ratings agency Fitch Ratings.Fitch Ratings added that the rating outlook is stable. This follows on Fitch’s rating upgrade in August 2016 from BBB- to BBB and reflects DP World’s solid performance and stable cash flow generation.The ratings agency also notes DP World’s flexibility in its expansionary plan to maintain leverage below the threshold of 4.5x, well diversified and resilient portfolio and pricing power due to its significant exposure to origin and destination traffic.According to Moody’s ratings agency, DP World’s current ratings for three entities DP World Limited, DP World Sukuk Limited, and DP World Crescent Limited are Baa2 with a stable outlook.“To receive consecutive upgrades in the current market conditions is a true recognition of the strength and resilience of our business alongside our long-term growth potential and continued progress to create the most productive, efficient and safe trade solutions globally. We remain committed to delivering growth through continued disciplined investments and managing leverage,” Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Group Chairman and CEO, DP World, said.last_img read more

Domfesta features First Ever Calabash Exhibition

first_img Share 50 Views   2 comments Share The first ever Calabash Exhibition will be featured as part of this year’s Domfesta activities.At the Launching of Domfesta activities 2011 last Wednesday, Chief Cultural Officer Raymond Lawrence said the first ever Calabash Exhibition will be featured at this year’s Domfesta Celebrations.The Exihibition which will showcase all produce and products made from Calabash will take place at the Old Mill Cultural Centre from Monday May 9th to Friday May 20th 2011.Mr. Lawrence says the Domfesta Celebrations will commence with the beginning of May Fest in Marigot from the 29th of April in Marigot. Other activities to form part of this year’s Domfesta celebrations 2011 are a Primary School’s Spelling B Competition, a visit from Musicians from Africa at the Fort young hotel on May 4th, a steel band Concert on May 10th, A new play from Teyat Pawol from May 13th to 15th,  Writter’s week, Pork festival from May 28 -9 and a cultural spectacular on May 27th.Domfesta celebrations which is held every year showcases Dominica’s Cultural Heritage and Background.News Reporter: Grace HendersonDominica Vibes News Tweetcenter_img LocalNews Domfesta features First Ever Calabash Exhibition by: – April 26, 2011 Sharing is caring! Sharelast_img read more

Farmers better sensitized on preventing the spread of black sigatoka

first_img 66 Views   no discussions Sharing is caring! Tweet LocalNews Farmers better sensitized on preventing the spread of black sigatoka by: – June 9, 2011 Sharecenter_img Share Share Black sigatoka in banana. Photo credit: apsnet.orgDominican farmers are now more sensitized on identifying and preventing the spread of black sigatoka, Leaf spot disease to the Island.A number of Caribbean countries are still fighting to control the spread of the disease.Plant protection and quarantine officer in the Ministry of Agriculture Ryan Anslem, says, the assistance of the general public is needed in its prevention efforts.We have trained the farmers and we have gone around the island about how they can prevent it from entering. We have not found the disease in Dominica so what we can now do is preventing it. We cannot do it alone…” he said.Anselm said the “the custom and port officials cannot do it alone so we want the hucksters and traders to do what they can to prevent it”.Anslem says Black Sigatoka disease can cause serious destruction to the Banana industry.Dominica Vibes Newslast_img read more

Two children die in car/train crash in Clark County

first_imgHenryville, Ind. — Photo courtesy of WDRB.comAccording to a report by WDRB.com, two children have been killed in a car/train crash Wednesday in the Clark County town of Henryville.A CSX train and SUV collided at 1:30 p.m. near the intersection of State Road 160 and Pennsylvania Street. Two children died at the scene, the mother was rushed to a Louisville area hospital and immediately taken to surgery.Investigators are still trying to determine if the vehicle stalled on the tracks or if the driver was attempting to beat the train. There were reports of a similar, non-fatal crash at the same intersection a few weeks ago.CSX Indiana spokeswoman Gail Lobin released a statement to WDRB News, saying:“CSX extends its deepest sympathies to all involved in today’s tragic accident, which is especially painful because it involves children. CSX appreciates the efforts of the Clark County Sheriff’s Department and emergency personnel who responded to help those at the scene.”last_img read more

Villa closing in on Holt deal

first_img Maynard’s deal is also likely to be a loan, and Rosler added: “We are planning a medical on him. We worked hard on this one but it’s not over the line. “He’s at the stage of his career where he wants to play regular football again after his injury. He wants to prove a point to himself and also to the people. “That’s a perfect scenario for us; it matches our ambitions. We want to prove a point, we want to go up, we want to go into the play-offs and I think we can give him the platform to perform again. “I will be patient with him because he has not played in a while. But, he’s fit, he’s ready to go.” Press Association Wigan striker Grant Holt is undergoing a medical at Aston Villa ahead of a possible loan move, the Sky Bet Championship club have confirmed. However, he has not found the net since August and current manager Uwe Rosler recently stated he was keen to move some of his higher earners off the wage bill. Speaking on a potential move for Holt on Monday night after the 2-1 loss to Arsenal, Lambert was coy on a possible recruitment of Holt but also praised the forward. He said: “Holty was fantastic for me at Norwich. He is a proper guy. “I have just heard the rumours are everywhere but until something is concrete then I won’t say.” Rosler stressed the move was an excellent chance for Holt to re-establish himself in the top flight, a division in which he scored eight times last season. Speaking to Sky Sports News Radio, Rosler said: “This was a great opportunity for him to work under his previous manager when he got the best of out him. Both parties have worked very well and successfully together. “It was too good an opportunity for Grant to turn down and we wish him all the best. He’s our player and we will see how we’ll do and we will see where we are in the summer.” Holt’s departure would leave Latics looking light up top but Rosler is hopeful Nicky Maynard can be brought in from Cardiff to fill the void. The 32-year-old is in the midlands to discuss potentially reuniting with his former Norwich boss Paul Lambert at Villa Park. Holt joined Latics from the Canaries in the summer and scored in the club’s first Championship game of the season, when they routed Barnsley 4-0. last_img read more

Dorrans pens two-year Norwich deal

first_imgWest Brom midfielder Graham Dorrans has joined Norwich on a two-year deal after helping the club win promotion to the Barclays Premier League this week. Press Association The midfielder joined West Brom from Livingston in 2008 and turned out for the Baggies on 189 occasions, scoring 26 times. center_img Norwich announced that the Scotland international had moved to Carrow Road for an undisclosed fee just 48 hours after he appeared as a substitute in the Canaries’ Sky Bet Championship play-off final victory over Middlesbrough at Wembley. The 28-year-old had been on loan with Norwich from February, making 18 appearances for Alex Neil’s side. last_img read more

ICC World Cup Kane Williamson and the magic of two sixes in 2015 and 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, ICC World Cup News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. highlights New Delhi: The New Zealand vs South Africa clash in Edgbaston in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 was poised on a knife-edge. New Zealand were 80/4 in their chase of 242 on an Edgbaston wicket that was becoming difficult for strokeplay. However, they had Kane Williamson, their skipper who epitomised calmness and the ability to doggedly fight under pressure. Williamson’s qualities were ideal in this kind of situation. He found an able ally in Jimmy Neesham as they stitched a 57-run stand. When Neesham fell, they were still a long way away. However, Colin de Grandhomme took the pitch out of the equation and smashed 60 off 47 balls to stitch a 91-run stand. When de Grandhomme fell, New Zealand needed seven off five balls and anything could happen.However, Williamson has the ability to read the situation and the conditions brilliantly. Andile Phehlukwayo bowled a full off-cutter outside off, Williamson bent down and slog swept it into the stands at deep midwicket. The scores were tied. Williamson had notched up his first World Cup hundred that too in style. Next ball, Williamson steered a widish ball past backward point for a boundary and New Zealand had defeated South Africa for the fourth time in World Cups.The magic which Williamson generated with that six, considering the circumstances that New Zealand had to undergo, was special. When one looks at the pressure quotient, Williamson’s century matches up to the knock he played in Eden Park, Auckland against Australia in the 2015 World Cup.New Zealand had a feeling of joy when they bowled out Australia for 152 with Trent Boult taking 5/24, including a spell of 5/1 which ripped the Australian middle order apart. In response, Brendon McCullum started off in blazing fashion and New Zealand was comfortably placed. Mitchell Starc, though, had other ideas and he bowled one of the spells of the tournament as his 6/28 almost helped Australia pull off a miraculous win.With six runs needed and with only one wicket remaining, Williamson held the key. Pat Cummins came to bowl. Williamson knew that he needed one good hit and he could not rely on the tailenders. Williamson made a bit of room, Cummins bowled a full ball on middle and leg stump, Williamson lofted a straight drive to long on, the shortest boundary in Eden Park. Ian Smith, the former New Zealand keeper who was commentating on air, bellowed, “Straight down the ground. It has gone for six. Kane Williamson has won it for New Zealand.”The reaction of Williamson confirmed his greatness. A wry smile, just a small pump of the fist and New Zealand had gotten the better of their trans-Tasman rivals. Four years later, after six, he showed no emotions. The skipper took off his helmet, raised the bat to acknowledge his century but he still remained focused. His appraisal of the knock was modest.Those two sixes in 2015 and 2019 by Williamson was massive. Australia’s only loss in the entire tournament came because of Williamson’s knock. South Africa’s semi-final hopes are all but over due to THAT Williamson six. For New Zealand, those two sixes are indeed magical in their fortunes, all thanks to Williamson.center_img New Zealand secured their fourth straight win in World Cups against South Africa.Kane Williamson scored his first century in the World Cup.South Africa’s semi-final hopes are all but over in the World Cup 2019.last_img read more

Sky Sports Racing extends US Triple Crown commitments

first_imgShare Related Articles UK racing remains hopeful for crowd pilot events August 14, 2020 StumbleUpon Share Submit Jason Ader – No Boogeyman… Activism will play a vital part in reshaping gambling August 20, 2020 Kambi takes control of Churchill Downs BetAmerica sportsbook August 28, 2020 Sky Sports Racing has moved to extend its broadcasting rights with US horseracing, after signing a new multi-year deal with NBCUniversal.Holding exclusive rights to the Kentucky Derby, “the oldest continuously held major sporting event in North America,” which will air live in the UK and Ireland, a separate long term deal has also been extended.This sees Sky Sports Racing lengthen its network coverage of the Preakness Stakes and Belmont Stakes, held in Maryland and New York respectively, which together with the Kentucky Derby forms the US Triple Crown series. The $2m race, which is held at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky, and is also dubbed “The Run for the Roses,” “The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports” and “America’s Race,” is the most attended horse race in the United States.This year saw trainer Bob Baffert emanate his 2015 success with American Pharoah, as his horse Justify become the 13th winner of the Triple Crown, leading to a $60m valuation on retirement by Forbes in the process.Matthew Imi, Chief Executive of At The Races, stated: “This agreement reinforces our long-term commitment to the biggest racing events on the international stage and we will help raise the profile of these great fixtures even further in the UK and Ireland with coverage and cross promotion across Sky Sports.“The Kentucky Derby is an institution in the US, and in recent years, the achievements of American Pharoah and Justify have brought the Triple Crown series to mainstream attention around the world.“We also value our partnership with NBCUniversal and there are excellent opportunities for further cooperation in helping promote racing on both sides of the Atlantic.”Sky Sports Racing is the successor to At The Races and will launch in full HD on or before January 1, 2019, becoming the eleventh Sky Sports channel.last_img read more