Reinier, who debuted as a professional at Flamengo last year, this season was crowned champion of the Brazilian league and the Copa Libertadores and has become a favorite of the Rio fans. “My love for Flamengo has grown since I was 12 years old. Play for Basque? Never. He’s our rival. Are you crazy?”, concluded the new Real Madrid player. Reinier Jesús is one of the fashion names in Brazil. The recent signing of the young Brazilian midfielder for Real Madrid has not left anyone indifferent and the still Flamengo player does not miss every opportunity to show his happiness for being part of the white club. “It’s a dream come true. Getting to Real Madrid is the top. It’s the biggest club in the world”Brasilia explained in an interview in Balloon support A few days after he granted this newspaper, “It is the realization of a dream. Mine and my family”. “Marcelo sent me a message, also Rodrygo. I was very happy with the welcome they gave me”, continues the young midfielder, who knows that the arrival in Europe will not be easy: “Now it is to go calmly, with your feet on the ground and see what can happen.”
KINGSTON: The C.B. Facey Foundation (CBFF), the charitable arm of Pan-Jamaican Investment Trust Limited (Pan-Jam), are back for the third year as title sponsors for the SANTA (Seeing A Need, Taking Action) charity golf tournament. “We are thrilled to be the title sponsors for yet another SANTA charity golf tournament as we are dedicated to satisfying children’s needs. This partnership aligns with the values of our Foundation, as we see a need and take action for the charities and organisations that will benefit this year,” said Brittany Singh Williams, executive director of CBFF. This year’s golf tournament proceeds will continue the reconstruction efforts at the Wortley Home for Girls, which was destroyed by fire in June 2015. Boys’ Town Infant and Primary School is also among the list of other beneficiaries. The 16th annual charity golf tournament will be held at the Constant Spring Golf and Country Club. The weekend-long event begins on Friday, December 2 at 6 p.m., hosting a cocktail party and a VIP putting tourney where participants can register for the tournament that tees off at 8 a.m. on Saturday, December 3 with the junior competition. On Sunday, December 4, the seniors will begin the day’s tournament at 6:30 a.m. Participants will be separated into four categories – men and women – who are required to pay $10,000 to register. Juniors can play for 18 holes, nine holes or five holes will contribute $6,000, $4,000 and $2,500, respectively, to compete. “The primary objective is to continue to bring golfers together and to support charity. We expect to have in excess of 144 adult golf players and approximately 30 juniors,” said SANTA organiser Nigel Davy. SANTA seeks to raise funds to make Christmas, and the rest of the year, a bit merrier for non-profit organisations in Jamaica that cater to children’s needs. Participants and spectators may pledge donations via pledge cards available at the tournament or on the new C.B. Facey Foundation website www.cbfacyfoundation.org.
…from bulldozing landsOne week after Statement of Claim proceedings were filed at the High Court, Justice Navindra Singh has granted three of 30 farmers in Region Five (Mahaica-Berbice) an injunction against the district’s Regional Executive Officer (REO) Ovid Morrison preventing the bulldozing of their farmlands.REO Ovid MorrisonThe three claimants – Krishna Sewlall, Kristopher Sewnarine and Kaleel Jameer – are seeking over $10 million in damages for what they contend was the unlawful destruction of their property: cash crops and farm houses.According to their lawyer, Anil Nandlall, Justice Singh’s injunction which was granted on Monday will remain in force for the duration of the court matter in which the farmers are seeking over $10 million in damages. The farmers are occupying land in Tract 3 ‘X’ of Block ‘1A’ and Tract ‘Y’ portions of Plantation Naarstigheid, part of Bath, West Coast Berbice (WCB).The court’s order restrains Morrison, his servants, representatives, officers and or agents from continuing entering upon, remaining, occupying, farming, bulldozing or occupying in any manner whatsoever interfering with the applicants’ quiet and peaceful use, occupation and enjoyment of the portion of land. Morrison was told that should he violate the Court’s order, he would be in contempt of court and may be liable to imprisonment or his assets could be confiscated. The Court will soon determine a date for the matter to be heard.The farmers’ Attorney-at-Law, Anil NandlallCourt documents showed that many of the farmers have been occupying the land since 1989 and were granted a two-year lease for 1.4 acres in March 2000 under the Social Impact Amelioration Project (SIMAP) for large-scale farming. They had claimed that since the expiration of their lease they developed the said property, cured the soil and prepared it for farming.It was in October 2016 that REO Morrison requested that some 50 farmers, including the three claimants, vacate their WCB farmland and even threatened to bulldoze the crops and forcibly eject them from the land. Though the farmers retained Nandlall and had written to the REO, he was said to have moved ahead with the action to remove the farmers. In April 2018, agents linked to Morrison “unilaterally decided” to enter the said farmland the three claimants occupied and cleared a portion of the land, cutting down several cash crops, including sweet peppers, lettuce, eschalot, plantain, calaloo and banana plants. Thereafter on August 6, 2018, two excavators entered the land and flattened another portion.The claimants allege that on August 7, 2018, the REO’s agents entered again and destroyed Sewlall’s wooden farmhouse valued $300,000. Sewnarine’s farmhouse was also destroyed and that building was valued $800,000. Sewlall is seeking special damages of $3,254,000 for his destroyed crops and farmhouse, while Sewnarine wants Morrison to pay him $950,000 for his losses. Meanwhile, Jameer is seeking $1,170,000 from the REO. The special damages claim amounts to $5,374,000 while the general damages claim requests in excess of $5,000,000 for trespass.
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! SACRAMENTO – School districts and local governments are entitled to be repaid for the cost of running programs the state Legislature requires them to operate, a Sacramento County Superior Court judge ruled in a decision published Monday. The California School Boards Association, the city of Newport Beach, Sweetwater Union High School District in San Diego County and the counties of Fresno and Los Angeles sued the state over a bill passed in 2005. They objected because it allowed the state to avoid reimbursing school districts for the costs associated with operating state mandated-programs. In a ruling dated March 13 but published Monday, Judge Gail Ohanesian said the state cannot avoid paying for the oversight of state-mandated programs by declaring them as necessary to implement a voter-approved ballot measure. School districts said the legislation, which was attached to a budget trailer bill, could cost them as much as $300 million in administration costs for functions such as overseeing charter schools or compiling annual school accountability reports.
Staff Writer Patricia Farrell Aidem contributed to this story. firstname.lastname@example.org (661) 267-7802160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Goris said driving without adequate rest is “just as dangerous as driving drunk.” “She could have just as easily veered into oncoming traffic,” Goris said. About 15 minutes earlier, a crash blocked traffic on another of the remote alternate routes between the Antelope and Santa Clarita valleys. A motorcyclist heading south on Bouquet Canyon Road, just north of the Big Oaks Lodge in Saugus, passed a slower-moving vehicle, but found himself in the path of an oncoming car, CHP Officer John Lutz said. Biker David H. Sard, 18, of Palmdale steered hard to the left and hit a mountainside, suffering serious injuries, Lutz said. ACTON – Firefighters removed a woman from her car Monday after it overturned in Acton, a CHP officer said. The woman, a roving health care worker whose identity was not released, told Highway Patrol officers she fell asleep about 9:10 a.m. while driving her Dodge Neon north on Sierra Highway, CHP Officer Tom Goris said. She drove off the road, crashing into a power pole about 20 feet from the pavement south of Crown Valley Road, Goris said. The woman was taken to Antelope Valley Hospital with moderate injuries, Goris said. The crash felled the power pole.
Liverpool secured passage to the semi-finals of the Europa League by defeating Borussia Dortmund in amazing circumstances.After being 2-0 and then 3-1 behind, the Reds still fought back, with Dejan Lovren scoring the winning goal in second half injury time.In the first half, it appeared as if the Bundesliga side were going to tear Liverpool apart, but Jurgen Klopp’s team kept their faith, and they came out in the second period with a renewed vigour.Divock Origi netted moments after kick-off, before Philippe Coutinho and Mamadou Sakho also hit the back of the net.Lovren’s goal was the deciding one, ensuring the Merseyside club enjoyed another fantastic European night, securing their passage through to the semi-final of the tournament.It was a game that will live long in the memory, and fans reacted to the amazing result on Twitter. Liverpool players celebrate their win over Borussia Dortmund 1
Kilcar: All-County League Division One Champions.Kilcar GAA NewsOur Seniors were presented with the Division One cup on Saturday afternoon last by county chairman Sean Dunnion in Towey but had no match as St Michaels did not field.They did however field for the reserve match which we won 3-09 to 1-07, coupled with the 1989 championship winning them reunion it made for a great evening in the village. Well done to our minor team who defeated neighbours Naomh Columba by 3-08 to 1-07 in the championship playoff last Saturday morning in Fintra they came from five points down in the second half to claim victory with the goals coming from Stephen McBrearty, Garry Molloy and Jason Campbell they face Dungloe/Na Rossa in the semi-finals next weekend. We would like to congratulate Rory Gallagher on his appointment as the new Donegal senior manager and wish him all the best in the job and to thank him for his help as senior manager here at the club over the season.Club AppWe have now 140 members signed up to our FREE mobile app if you would like to sign up just follow these steps to download your free team App for CLG Chill Chartha.1. On your phone or iPad go to the app store 2. Search for Team App 3. Install Team App to your phone 4. Search for CLG Chill Chartha 5. Log in and register for the CLG Chill Chartha Club app. 6. You will receive an email notification when you are added you to the system.Ten Week DrawWeek One Winners: €1,000 Timmy O’Driscoll, Main Street, Kilcar €500 Patricia McDevitt, Bavin €300 Michael Molloy, Churchtown and €200 Evelyn Weirans c/o James Cunningham, James and Anne McGinley and Shane Toolan, Bundoran.Week Two Winners: €1,000 Martha Campbell, Ballyshannon €500 Andrew McGuire, Glencolmcille €300 Eva Gallagher, Drimnafinagle and €200 Jackie McIntire, Glencolmcille, Tom Comack, Dungloe and John Doogan, Bavin/Donegal Town.Lotto There was no winner of the Club Lotto Jackpot so next week’s Jackpot is €7,800 this week’s numbers were 3, 9, 10 and 17 winners were: €50 Paddy and Margaret Haughey (Churchtown), €30 Sean Byrne (Churchtown) and €20 Margaret and Paddy Haughey (Churchtown). Lotto Plus numbers 5, 7, 18 and 26 there was no winner.BingoClub Bingo winners were €150 John Conwall (Killybegs), Fidelma Bourke, €80 Roseanne Ellis, €70 Carmel Ellis, Síle Diver, Breege McGuinness, Pamela Bonner, Brid McCallaig, Maggie O’Donnell and Margaret Doherty. The Jackpot on Sunday is €3,150 on 45 numbers.GAA NEWS: KILCAR MINORS DEFEAT NAOMH COLUMBA AND PROGRESS TO COUNTY SEMI-FINAL was last modified: November 3rd, 2014 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:GAAkilcarNoticesSport
Emery played down Arsenal’s title credentials 4 Arsenal could extend their winning run this season to 12 games if they defeat Crystal Palace in the Premier League at Selhurst Park.Unai Emery’s men have bounced back well after losing their first two games of the campaign to Manchester City and Chelsea. Unai Emery (Arsenal): “Each match is a very big opportunity to improve things and one thing is this,” he replied when asked about starting matches too slowly.“We spoke in the dressing room before the start of the match today about our objectives. And one objective is this. But the most important thing is that when we were in the dressing room at half-time, we spoke.“But we need to continue finding the solution for us to be better in the first halves.” There’s no starting place for Ramsey again Crystal Palace and Arsenal prepare to take each other on last season. Now though, they battle an Eagles side who are desperate for three points having won just two league games all season.What the managers are sayingRoy Hodgson (Crystal Palace): “People used to talk about Arsenal walking the ball into the net, because they were so good around the box; they didn’t shoot on sight, they played around you two more times before setting someone up to walk into the goal.“To do that you need the quality of players that have been accumulated over the years, and a lot of players that are doing very well are players Arsene actually brought in, and (Emery’s) inherited them and is getting the best out of them.“Eleven straight wins is an incredible record; we’ve got to try and do our level best that they don’t make it 12, because we need the points. 4 4 Confirmed teamsThe hosts make just one change which sees Jordan Ayew come in for Jeff Schlupp.Meanwhile, Mesut Ozil gets the nod ahead of Aaron Ramsey while Lucas Torreira and Alexandre Lacazette also come back.Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang retains his place in the starting XI.Crystal Palace: Hennessey; Wan-Bissaka, Van Aanholt, Tomkins, Sakho; Kouyate, Milivojevic, McArthur; Townsend, Ayew, Zaha.Arsenal: Leno; Bellerin, Mustafi, Holding; Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi, Ozil, Iwobi, Lacazette, Aubameyang Roy Hodgson has made keeping Wilfried Zaha his priority 4
BY MARIE DUFFYFianna Fail MEP Pat the Cope Gallagher has extended his condolences to the people of Norway following the horrific attacks in Utoya Island and Oslo city centre.The Donegal politician is Chairperson of the European Parliament delegation that oversees political relations with Norway, Mr Gallagher has spoken with his counterpart Ine Erikson Soreide MP, Chair of the Norway delegation, to extend his deepest sympathies to the Norwegian people at this difficult time.He said: “My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of the people who were so brutally killed and injured in Utoya and Oslo yesterday. The attacks that took place on Utoya Island happened at a political gathering of young people who both cherished and promoted democracy – a value that we all must seek to protect at all times.”PAT ‘THE COPE’ EXTENDS HIS SYMPATHIES TO THE PEOPLE OF NORWAY was last modified: July 24th, 2011 by marieShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:NorwayPat The Cope GallagherUtoya Island
Households and businesses in Donegal can now get alerts or messages straight to their phones or tablets via the new free Donegal County Council MapAlerter service. This will include weather alerts from Met Eireann, gritting alerts, information on road closures and weekly planning lists. Donegal County Council has signed up to the MapAlerter Service that will allow households and businesses in Donegal to sign up for the alert service free of charge. This means that alerts can be sent directly by SMS text message, email, smartphone app notification or Facebook Messenger to individuals and businesses who have signed up for the service.An important element of this service is that the alerts are location based, so only those registered users in the vicinity of the alert or who pass through the alert location on a commuting route, will be notified. This saves alerting everybody to issues which might be of no significance to them. Additionally all alerts are mapped and visible to everybody through the Mapalerter.com website. Initially, alerts will focus on the Councils gritting programme, Met Eireann Weather Alerts and the Weekly Planning Lists but this service will develop to include other important messages and warnings.Speaking about the launch of this new service, Cathaoirleach Cllr. Gerry McMonagle said that this is a very welcome development from a customer service and communications perspective for the Council.“The Council has been to the fore in sharing public interest messages through social media and online platforms and this is another progressive step to ensuring that the public is kept informed of important public interest messages such as knowing when the roads are being gritted, planned road closures in your area and the weekly planning lists”.“This service will undoubtedly come into its own during weather events such as flooding when it will be necessary to get warnings and information out in advance to the public to allow for households and businesses to take all the necessary precautions to protect their property and stay safe. I would encourage all businesses and everyone in the county to sign up for this service”. To sign up for the service visit www.mapalerter.com/register or download the MapAlerter app. You can also sign up via Facebook Messenger.Council launches MapAlerter app for gritting, weather and planning updates was last modified: February 5th, 2018 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donegal County Councilmapalerter