Preview • Nintendo Switch: All the latest details Video Games TV and Movies $289 26 Photos $299 2 Best Buy News • Are you a Nintendo Switch docker or hander? Amazon See It See It See It Mentioned Above Nintendo Switch (Gray) How To • How to transfer your Nintendo Switch account to a new Switch V2 With the Aladdin and The Lion King remakes each raking in more than $1 billion at the box office this year, it’s apparently time to remaster the ’90s video game adaptations of the originals. The two games, which will be packaged together as one release called Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King, will come to the Nintendo Switch, Sony PS4, Microsoft Xbox One and PC on Oct. 29 for $30.Be prepare to face off against the hyenas in The Lion King. Disney The collection — developed by Nighthawk Interactive and Digital Eclipse — will also include the Sega Genesis and Nintendo Game Boy versions of Aladdin, along with something called the “final cut” and a trade show demo that hasn’t been available since 1993. Lion King will get Genesis, Nintendo SNES and Game Boy versions. Review • Nintendo Switch review: Pure fun on a big-screen TV or on the go Share your voice Nintendo Switch $299 Walmart See it CNET may get a commission from retail offers. Nintendo Switch Lite: All colors, all angles, and vs. Switch $299 Comments Tags There’s no mention of an SNES version of Aladdin, which was significantly different from the Genesis one and was developed by Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami. (We’ve embedded a comparison video of the SNES and Genesis versions.)The package will also include a world class menagerie of new features, like the ability to swap between upscaled and original graphics, visual filters, customizable controls, a rewind feature and Blu-ray-style extras.Stay one jump ahead of the lawmen in Aladdin. Disney The remaster was leaked Tuesday by Twitter user @wolverinefactor.First published Aug. 28 at 4:52 a.m. PT.Update, Aug. 29 at 9:30 a.m. PT: Adds release date and price. Disney Genesis Microsoft Sony Nintendoread more
A TV broadcast of a news report on North Korea firing ballistic missiles, in Seoul. July 31, 2019.ReutersNorth Korea launched more unidentified short-range projectiles into its eastern sea on Friday, August 2, South Korean military officials said in a statement. This is the third time within a span of eight days the country has carried out a missile launch, according to reports.Two short-ranged projectiles were fired early Friday from Yonghung, South Hamgyong Province into the East Sea, the South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) told Yonhap news agency.”We are monitoring the situation in case of additional launches and maintaining a readiness posture,” the Joint Chiefs said, reported BloombergJapan has said the launches have not threatened its national security as it didn’t enter its exclusive economic zone.Last week, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un personally watched the testing of two short-range ballistic missiles. The projectile flew 600 kilometres and as high as 50 kilometres before landing in the sea. The launch had increased tensions in the Korean peninsula. Close On Wednesday, it conducted the test of a new multiple rocket launcher. The JCS assessed the military activity and said the missiles flew about 250 kilometres. It is reported that the range is enough to cover the South Korean capital and a major US military base in Yongsan District’s Seoul.The increasing aggression projected by North Korea is seen as a warning against South Korea importing weapons including the latest F-35 stealth fighters and conducting joint military drills with the US. Experts have claimed the launches could intensify in the coming months if nuclear negotiations do not restart.”Not worried”The missile tests raise doubts about the revival of denuclearisation talks, which stalled after the collapse of a second summit between Kim and Trump in Hanoi in February.”We cannot but develop nonstop super-powerful weapon systems to remove the potential and direct threats to the security of our country that exist in the south,” Kim said.Diplomatic relations have soured since Pyongyang demanded Seoul to abandon Washington and proceed to conduct joint economic projects that have strained due to the US-imposed sanctions on North Korea.However, US President Donald Trump said on Thursday that he was not worried about missiles being tested by North Korea, calling the weapons very standard, short-range devices.Trump said that the North Korean leader has kept his pledge not to detonate nuclear bombs or test larger missiles that could deliver them to the US mainland, reported Bloomberg.”I think it’s very much under control,” Trump told reporters on Thursday. “Very much under control.”The Trump administration remains ready to resume talks with North Korea said US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Thursday at the ongoing ASEAN regional security forum in Bangkok. IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPauseMute0:00/0:47Loaded: 0%0:01Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE-0:47?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading … Trump Becomes First U.S. President To Step Inside North Korea, Sets 3rd Meeting With Kim Jong Unread more
Rohingya refugee children queue for aid in Cox`s Bazar. ReutersThe government and development agencies have no information on over half the child refugees entering Bangladesh from Myanmar in recent times. Around 240,000 children have entered Bangladesh this time, but not all of them are being registered. The persons and agencies working with children there, say that these children will face even further hazards if they are not registered.With support from the United National High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), Bangladesh government is registering the refugees coming in from Myanmar. However, children under 12 years of age are not eligible for biometric registration as their fingerprints change. Without registration, their rights cannot even be ensured.Teacher of Dhaka University’s disaster management department Gowher Naim Wara yesterday, Monday, told Prothom Alo that the UN charter for children lists the right to birth registration as the first right of every child. That is an acknowledgement of the child’s existence. Without registration, the child is lost in the masses. Such children can be easily forced in child labour or child marriage, can face sexual abuse or trafficking. Wara said, fingerprints cannot be an excuse not to register the children.It has been a month since the Rohingyas were attacked and driven out of the Rakhine state, to flee into Bangladesh. Yet yesterday children were seen at the refugee camps, waiting in long queues for relief, bringing water from far, wandering around without guardians, begging, and sitting by the roads in hope of relief. Most of them were scantily dressed and barefoot. Many of the children have reportedly been subject to sexual abuse.In a UNICEF report on the condition of the refugee children, it was said that the Rohingya refugee children were situated in Cox’s Bazar, the district with the most backward indicators for child rights in Bangladesh.Immigration expert Asif Munir told Prothom Alo, the government can instruct the organisations providing health care to the children, to include the names of the children, their parents’ names, their address in Myanmar and the address of the camp where they reside at present, on the immunisation or health cards. If the UN agencies are involved in this, then no questions about the children’s identities will arise during repatriation.Rohingya refugee children queue for aid in Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh, September 21, 2017. ReutersThe state of childrenThe United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) on 23 September finalised a report on the state of children. A survey was run of the 128,000 refugees in five temporary camps and the newly formed camps. A total of 57 per cent of this refugee population were children. Of them, 9 per cent were one-year-old and 23 per cent below the age of five. And 28 per cent of them were between 6 and 18 years old. UNICEF has identified 512 children who have no guardians. Another 167,040 remain unidentified, with no information about their names, ages, parents, addresses in camps here or back in Myanmar.Those working in the refugee camps are reeling under the tough challenge of tending to the refugees, particularly as a burgeoning number of them are children. Children have a variety of requirement. A Myanmar government health and demographic survey of 2015-16 reveals that the Rakhine state has the highest number of children suffering from extreme malnutrition. And this is worst in Buthidong and Maungdaw, the two areas which came under army attack. A large number of the children entering Bangladesh are severely undernourished and have not been immunised.At the initiative of the government, UNICEF and WHO, 100,000 children of the 5 to 15-year-old age bracket arriving in Bangladesh, have been vaccinated against measles and rubella. And 19,795 have been administered polio vaccines.Children unprotectedBRAC is working with children at a field level. The organisation’s emergency response expert Mahmud Hossain said, many of the children entering Bangladesh, like the women, were sexually abused in Myanmar. The temporary camps are very unsafe, particularly the recent camps at Kutupalong and Balukhali. Three sisters, who lost their parents in the violence in Myanmar, have been sexually abused in the camp where they are living at present. There are over 2000 such allegations till now, but the number is likely to be much higher as not many want to speak out about sexual harassment.It is the parentless children who are the most vulnerable. The prime minister’s office recently issued 20 directives regarding the Rohingya issue. One of them was to run a survey on orphaned children. This survey so far has found 570 such children in Ukhia and Teknaf. However, officials of the social welfare department were unwilling to say what will be done with these children and whether they would be provided with any special protection.
BNP Chairperson Khaleda ZiaA Dhaka court on Thursday fixed 25, 26 February for the next hearing of Zia Charitable Trust graft case against BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia and three other accused, reports UNB.Judge Md Akhteruzzaman of Dhaka Special Court-5 fixed the date for placing arguments of lawyer of accused Ziaul Islam Munna and Md Aminul Islam.BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia was present during the hearing.On 8 August 2011, the Anti-Corruption Commission filed the Zia Charitable Trust graft case with Tejgaon police station accusing four people, including Khaleda Zia, of abusing power in raising funds for the trust from unknown sources.
Rohingya refugees make their way to a refugee camp after crossing the Bangladesh-Myanmar border in Palong Khali, near Cox`s Bazar.File photo ReutersThe International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) has warned that more than 380,000 children were at a risk of losing their future as the Rohingya crisis in southeast part of Bangladesh would be prolonged.”With an uncertain future and no solutions in sight, the world must not let these children lose their future,” said secretary general, Bangladesh Red Crescent Society M Feroz Salah Uddin.IFRC warned the situation would be more fragile in the coming monsoon and cyclone season or a disease outbreak could trigger a disaster within a disaster, said a press release.To help protect children and their families in the displaced and host communities, the Red Cross Red Crescent is prioritising contingency planning and preparedness to respond to new challenges, and building community resilience to threats including disease, cyclones and the monsoon, along with continued humanitarian assistance for 200,000 people.According to the release, the scale and speed of the displacement and the severe vulnerability of many of those displaced has created one of the most critical and complex humanitarian crises in the Asia Pacific region in decades.
Facebook clarified during a second call with media Friday afternoon that the breach also potentially gave hackers access to third-party apps and websites that use Facebook’s login, including the company’s own Messenger and Instagram apps. Users who find themselves unable to log into third-party apps with their Facebook accounts may have to disconnect those apps from their account, and then reconnect them to regain access.Facebook said that it was working with the FBI and other law enforcement agencies to help investigate the breach.“We also don’t know who’s behind these attacks or where they’re based,” Facebook’s VP of product management Guy Rosen wrote in a blog post. “We’re working hard to better understand these details — and we will update this post when we have more information, or if the facts change. In addition, if we find more affected accounts, we will immediately reset their access tokens.”At the center of the hack was a Facebook feature that allows users to view their own Facebook page the way other users with different access levels — friends, family, or unknown users — would see it. This “view as” feature could apparently be exploited to also steal access tokens to take over third-party accounts.“We’re temporarily turning off the ‘View As’ feature while we conduct a thorough security review,” Rosen wrote Friday. Users who have been affected by the breach will have to log back into their Facebook account, and the company said that it would post a note atop of their newsfeed explaining the situation.Rosen explained during Friday’s call that the company inadvertently introduced three bugs when it updated changes to its video uploader in July of 2017. However, the company didn’t discover that these bugs could be used to hack its system until this week. It informed law enforcement about it on Wednesday, and disabled the vulnerability late Thursday.The company decided to disable access tokens for another 40 million users as a precautionary measure because it found that the profiles of those users were browsed with the “view as” feature enabled. However, this could have also been a legitimate use of the feature. Facebook does not yet know whether the hack was initiated by nation-state actors, but Rosen said Friday that the 50 million users targeted were seemingly a broad slice of Facebook’s users. The company did notify European authorities about the breach, something that it is required to do under Europe’s new privacy laws if European users were affected.“The reality is, we face constant attacks,” Zuckerberg said during Friday’s call. He added that he was happy that this particular breach was uncovered, but that the company had to step up its security efforts going forward. “We need to prevent this from happening in the first place.”Update: 2:42pm: This post was updated with additional information on the data breach.POPULAR ON VARIETY: ×’Sorry For Your Loss’ – TIFF 2018Volume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next Up’It: Chapter Two’ Cast Feeling Pressure For Box Office Success?01:44 twitter facebook reddit Linkhttps://variety.com/2018/digital/news/facebook-security-breach-1202961260/?jwsource=clCopied EmbedCopiedLive00:0006:0106:01More Videos01:44’It: Chapter Two’ Cast Feeling Pressure For Box Office Success?02:15Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney Princesses04:09Hollywood Celebrities Who Died in 201900:49Wyclef Jean on the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award Title01:08Naughty by Nature on Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award Title00:47Bebe Rexha Talked to Sophie Turner About the ‘Game of Thrones’ FinaleClose Facebook has reset the access to 90 million user accounts after finding a security breach, forcing the affected users to log back into their accounts, the company announced Friday. The breach allowed hackers to access other people’s accounts, and directly affected 50 million of those accounts.“We patched the issue last night,” Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on a press call Friday. “We do not yet know whether any private information was accessed.” The company said that it doesn’t yet know whether the breach was used by anyone to access any personal information, including private messages, from those 50 million Facebook users without their knowledge. It did confirm that hackers were able to access profile information, including age, gender, and place of residence, but that they didn’t have access to any credit card information.read more
Free Webinar | Sept 5: Tips and Tools for Making Progress Toward Important Goals Attend this free webinar and learn how you can maximize efficiency while getting the most critical things done right. 2 min read This story appears in the June 2016 issue of Entrepreneur. Subscribe » Dying for that bag Kerry Washington was toting on last week’s Scandal? Need the sweatshirt you saw Kanye wearing on Instagram? LookLive has you covered. The Amsterdam-based startup spent two years developing tech that identifies exact items of clothing worn by your favorite characters and stars. CEO Christopher Archer explains how they did it. Companies have been promising shoppable TV for years. What’s been the holdup? The technical integration is easy peasy, but the challenge is the metadata, and how you get it. If I’m watching The Voice, how do I know what jacket Pharrell is wearing? The broadcaster and network don’t know — they’ll tell you to call the costume designer. It’s just impossible to do this at scale. When we started, we said that if we can’t figure out how to identify items independently, we’re going to shut down.So what was the magic trick?We use a mix of image-recognition technology and machine learning. People have what we call a style profile — essentially the identity of self. Claire Underwood is going to dress in a specific way from specific brands in a specific price range. The machine-learning tech learns this, and when it sees a white three-button blazer on her, it knows she would never wear H&M or Forever 21, but she would wear Prada and Armani. That’s where the narrow search for product identification begins. Users can purchase clothing from your mobile app and your website. Are we inching toward real-time shopping right on the TV screen? The challenge is still speed and scalability. Right now, we can have every TV show produced and ready to shop within three hours of its airing. But we have our fingers crossed that we’ll have it fully automated in real time within the next 12 to 18 months. Check out more companies on the 2016 Brilliant 100 list. May 25, 2016 Register Now »read more