Huawei P30 Pro might have four rear cameras and launch in March

first_img Phones Apple Share your voice Aug 31 • iPhone XR vs. iPhone 8 Plus: Which iPhone should you buy? Sep 1 • iPhone 11, Apple Watch 5 and more: The final rumors See All Mentioned Above Huawei P30 (128GB, black) The Huawei P20 Pro is a low-light photography champ See it Tags 3 CNET may get a commission from retail offers. See how the Huawei P20 Pro’s cameras stacks up to the Galaxy S9 Plus, iPhone X and Pixel 2 2:16 Aug 31 • Your phone screen is gross. Here’s how to clean itcenter_img Now playing: Watch this: Huawei P30 Aug 31 • Best places to sell your used electronics in 2019 reading • Huawei P30 Pro might have four rear cameras and launch in March Could this really be the Huawei P30 Pro? If so what do all those cameras do? Spigen Last year, the Huawei P20 Pro and its triple rear cameras stole the show from other photo heavy hitters like the Google Pixel 2 and iPhone X. And while there are rumors that the 2019 iPhone and the upcoming Galaxy S10 Plus will have three rear cameras, it seems Huawei isn’t one to be outdone. A photo of a case for the unreleased Huawei P30 Pro shows the phone with four rear cameras. This could be a case of Huawei literally one-upping Samsung and Apple.As reported by Android Authority, phone case maker Spigen published photos of the Huawei P30 Pro sporting a clear plastic case. The case has a cutout for a camera bump with four rear cameras stacked vertically. Another photo on the site shows the front of the phone sporting a notched display. The notch looks like a half-circle with curved edges.Four rear cameras is terribly exciting but what could they all be used for? For that, we’ll have to wait for the Huawei P30 Pro to be released, which might not be that long. According to TechRadar, the Polish website Telix says that the Huawei P30 and P30 Pro will launch at the end of March at an event in Paris. This is obviously after Mobile World Congress which is at the end of February.Huawei did not immediately respond to a request to comment. $534 47 Photos News • Huawei P30 Pro in a gorgeous orange finish leaks Google Huawei Samsung Apple Review • Huawei P30 review: The P30 Pro’s fantastic photos for less Comments • How To • Huawei P30 phone announcement: How to watch, what to expectlast_img read more

Maruti Suzuki to invest Rs 15000 crore for sales and services infrastructure

first_imgMaruti Suzuki will spend a whopping Rs 15,000 crore towards expanding its sales-and-service infrastructure over the next five years, as India’s biggest carmaker aims to grow its annual sales to nearly 2 million units by 2020 from 1.1 million vehicles in last fiscal year.The earmarked investment will be used to procure land for dealers to double the number of dealership outlets, expanding warehousing capabilities and transportation facilities.The growth in the company’s annual sales will be mainly led by production at its third plant in Gujarat, which is expected to start operations by early 2017.”We have to double our network as the Gujarat plant output will lead to a gradual doubling of sales. The bulk of the investment required for additional sales will precede start of production at our Gujarat plant. The total money needed for creating additional sales-and-service infrastructure has been estimated to be Rs 30,000 crore. Of that, half the money will be invested by us, and the rest by dealers,” Maruti Suzuki Chairman R C Bhargava told Business Standard.Currently, the Delhi-headquartered automobile company has more than 1,700 dealership outlets in the country and it has recently set up a new dealership network, Nexa, to sell premium cars. The company is also planning to open a network for its light commercial vehicle launches.The company had spent Rs 11,000 crore to build its current sales-and- service infrastructure , Bhargava said adding that the setting up of the same infrastructure would now cost Rs 30,000 crore due to an exponential rise in land prices.As land prices are expensive for dealers, the company plans to procure the land and lease it for the dealers. It has already formed a team of executives from real estate firms to manage its “land-procurement exercise”.”The land cost today is making it difficult for dealers to invest. But if investments are not made, it will hurt us. We will buy sites where we want dealerships and workshops to come up in future,” said Bhargava.The company is sitting on a cash pile of about Rs 13,000 crore and the Rs 8,000-10,000-crore investment in the Gujarat plant will be made by its parent Suzuki.last_img read more

Walmart in talks to buy 1520 stake in Flipkart Will they be

first_img Walmart India to open 30 stores in next 3 years Close IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPlayMute0:00/0:00Loaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE0:00?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio TrackFullscreenThis is a modal window.The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading …center_img The biggest American multinational retailer Walmart Stores Inc is reportedly in the advanced stages of discussions to acquire a significant minority stake in Flipkart, India’s biggest e-commerce company. The move could give a sturdy competition to their rival Amazon.According to the sources close to the matter, the deal could be finalised by March this year. Key officials from both Walmart and Flipkart held a meeting last week in Bengaluru, on the same matter, the Economic Times reported.IBTimes could not independently verify the report and the officials of Walmart and Flipkart have not given any confirmation on the matter.A spokesperson of Walmart, however, told Economic Times that as per the company policy they do not comment on rumours or speculations.However, if the deal fructifies, it will reinforce Flipkart’s cash pile and help it compete with its biggest rival Amazon. The deal may also involve primary and secondary sales by some long-standing investors.The sources said that Walmart may acquire about 15-20 percent stake in Flipkart.”For Walmart, India is an exciting and priority market. Walmart is deeply committed and proud of creating shared value for local communities, kiranas, small farmers and our local supplier partners in India,” said the spokesperson. The logo of India’s largest online marketplace Flipkart is seen on a building in Bengaluru, India, April 22, 2015.REUTERS/Abhishek N. Chinnappa/File PhotoThe deal could be a gamechanger as it will be very easy for Flipkart to step into the food and grocery business which the e-commerce player has been trying to introduce in India for a long time in a bid to compete with Amazon.Besides benefitting Flipkart, the deal would also lead Walmart to gain access to Flipkart’s database. Both the companies have no online presence in selling any grocery items to the people in India.Walmart India, the local arm of the world’s largest retailer, owns and operates 21 wholesale stores. Recent reports suggest that the company is also set to expand its store network besides focusing on the online presence in the country. It is targeting to open 30 stores in the next three years.last_img read more

1 suspended as Ilias Kanchan passes airport security with gun

first_imgIlias Kanchan. File PhotoThe Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (CAAB) on Wednesday suspended one of its officials for negligence of duty as film star Ilias Kanchan passed security check with a bag containing his revolver at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka on Tuesday, reports UNB.CAAB chairman air vice marshal M Naim Hassan told UNB that they have been investigating into the incident and on-duty operator Fazlar Rahman was suspended over the issue.However, the former film star and an activist demanding road safety told this correspondent that the breach was “unintentional” and in the first scanning the gun was not detected while he was going to Chattogram from Dhaka.Meanwhile, Mohibul Haque, secretary to ministry of civil aviation and tourism, said that the revolver was spotted by the on-duty security officials during second scanning of Ilias Kanchan’s luggage.They immediately brought it to Kanchan’s notice and he admitted that he was carrying a licensed gun, he added.But the film star denied it saying, “During the second scanning after getting the boarding pass, suddenly I could recall that I had a gun in my bag and immediately I informed it to the security officer.”last_img read more

Movement is Medicine Moving into the Community

first_imgBy J. K. Schmid, Special to the AFRO“Last set, best set,” Mark Harding says, his legs taped together.He’s doing resistance training at MedStar Good Samaritan’s gymnasium.Each step up, each step out, stretching against the tape, is as smooth and even as when he started. Things are going so well Harding will be able to complete a full circuit of the gymnasium track unassisted. He came in on this day with a walker.Anthony Watters takes Mark Harding through a series of exercises to improve his strength and coordination.Harding is recovering from a traumatic brain injury (TBI) after a long period of hypoxia. The loss of oxygen to his brain had taken away a lot of his coordination.At his side through the whole process in Anthony Watters, a certified strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS).“We want to make him (as) functional as possible, it’s hard to gauge how much he can progress because we haven’t been doing this in the clinical setting long enough,” Watters told the AFRO. “My goal is to have him interact and be a part of the greater community again and not be confined to his home or a hospital space. And I think we’re making tremendous strides toward that.”Before the one-on-one with Harding, Watters had been leading a Rock Steady Boxing class, an innovative program that research indicates is helpful for treating other neurodegenerative symptoms that come with disorders like Parkinson’s disease.Anthony Watters takes Mark Harding through a series of exercises to improve his strength and coordination.The pace is slowed down, but Watters is taking his students with Parkinson’s through the complicated footwork of jump rope ladders and the advance across the classroom ends with each student putting a solid and satisfying knee into a heavy bag.“Movement is medicine,” is the mantra. And Watters wants to take his experience and practices to the larger community of Baltimore.He’s created the brand Drink More Watters as a start.“It’s a lifestyle brand that uses exercise, water, lifestyle and culture to create healthier communities,” Watters said.Watters’ particular approach has caught the eye and the funding of Baltimore Corps, a fellowship with the mission to “enlist talent to accelerate social innovation in Baltimore and advance a citywide agenda for equity and racial justice.”Watters is one of Baltimore Corps’s 15 Elevation Awardees. He now has a $10,000 grant to get his business and brand started.“Along with the money though, more importantly in my opinion, is the workshopping, engagement, assistance, everything that they do to help you be successful,” Watters said.He’s already publishing through DrinkMoreWatters.com, most recently about navigating Baltimore’s overlapping food deserts.But, in addition to hydration and nutrition, Watters hopes to save lives with exercise. Watters explained. He said that while lives lost to violence in Baltimore are high, deaths from heart disease and stroke, and the complications that come with a sedentary lifestyle, eclipse those figures.Watters hopes to take his message and practice of diet and exercise into his community, looking to expand on the results that the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) achieved by funding similar programs in the YMCA.“If we do this and we use exercise, we can have better health outcomes, but save insurance companies money, save hospitals money, but most importantly, save the people money, the community money, the patient’s money,” Watters said. “Healthcare is becoming ridiculously expensive and exercise is a low overhead modality that we can use to effect change.”last_img read more

Facebook Resets Access to 90 Million Accounts Following Security Breach

first_imgFacebook clarified during a second call with media Friday afternoon that the breach also potentially gave hackers access to third-party apps and websites that use Facebook’s login, including the company’s own Messenger and Instagram apps. Users who find themselves unable to log into third-party apps with their Facebook accounts may have to disconnect those apps from their account, and then reconnect them to regain access.Facebook said that it was working with the FBI and other law enforcement agencies to help investigate the breach.“We also don’t know who’s behind these attacks or where they’re based,” Facebook’s VP of product management Guy Rosen wrote in a blog post. “We’re working hard to better understand these details — and we will update this post when we have more information, or if the facts change. In addition, if we find more affected accounts, we will immediately reset their access tokens.”At the center of the hack was a Facebook feature that allows users to view their own Facebook page the way other users with different access levels — friends, family, or unknown users — would see it. This “view as” feature could apparently be exploited to also steal access tokens to take over third-party accounts.“We’re temporarily turning off the ‘View As’ feature while we conduct a thorough security review,” Rosen wrote Friday. Users who have been affected by the breach will have to log back into their Facebook account, and the company said that it would post a note atop of their newsfeed explaining the situation.Rosen explained during Friday’s call that the company inadvertently introduced three bugs when it updated changes to its video uploader in July of 2017. However, the company didn’t discover that these bugs could be used to hack its system until this week. It informed law enforcement about it on Wednesday, and disabled the vulnerability late Thursday.The company decided to disable access tokens for another 40 million users as a precautionary measure because it found that the profiles of those users were browsed with the “view as” feature enabled. However, this could have also been a legitimate use of the feature. Facebook does not yet know whether the hack was initiated by nation-state actors, but Rosen said Friday that the 50 million users targeted were seemingly a broad slice of Facebook’s users. The company did notify European authorities about the breach, something that it is required to do under Europe’s new privacy laws if European users were affected.“The reality is, we face constant attacks,” Zuckerberg said during Friday’s call. He added that he was happy that this particular breach was uncovered, but that the company had to step up its security efforts going forward. “We need to prevent this from happening in the first place.”Update: 2:42pm: This post was updated with additional information on the data breach.POPULAR ON VARIETY: ×’Sorry For Your Loss’ – TIFF 2018Volume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next Up’It: Chapter Two’ Cast Feeling Pressure For Box Office Success?01:44 twitter facebook reddit Linkhttps://variety.com/2018/digital/news/facebook-security-breach-1202961260/?jwsource=clCopied EmbedCopiedLive00:0006:0106:01More Videos01:44’It: Chapter Two’ Cast Feeling Pressure For Box Office Success?02:15Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney Princesses04:09Hollywood Celebrities Who Died in 201900:49Wyclef Jean on the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award Title01:08Naughty by Nature on Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award Title00:47Bebe Rexha Talked to Sophie Turner About the ‘Game of Thrones’ FinaleClosecenter_img Facebook has reset the access to 90 million user accounts after finding a security breach, forcing the affected users to log back into their accounts, the company announced Friday. The breach allowed hackers to access other people’s accounts, and directly affected 50 million of those accounts.“We patched the issue last night,” Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on a press call Friday. “We do not yet know whether any private information was accessed.” The company said that it doesn’t yet know whether the breach was used by anyone to access any personal information, including private messages, from those 50 million Facebook users without their knowledge. It did confirm that hackers were able to access profile information, including age, gender, and place of residence, but that they didn’t have access to any credit card information.last_img read more